Bob Dylan boycotted in Canada

invisible_r

HMV objects to the star's deal with Starbucks

Bob Dylan's entire back catalogue has been removed from the shelves of HMV stores in Canada after the star signed an exclusive deal with Starbucks.

The coffee giant has bought the rights to sell a new CD, 'Live At Gaslight 1962', exclusively through its outlets.

But now HMV have reacted angrily to the move, and have removed Dylan CDs from their shelves in protest, according to BBC News.

The Canadian branch of the retailer imposed a similar boycott on The Rolling Stones in 2003, with president Humphrey Kadaner saying: "Any artists that choose to exclude HMV as a retailer from selling the product, this will be our response."

Starbucks have been actively trying to claim a piece of the music industry lately, with releases by Alanis Morrissette and girl band Antigone Rising released through their coffee shops this year.

But record shops are putting up a fight against such arrangements. Last year, HMV UK boycotted Chris de Burgh after he released a CD exclusively through Woolworths.

Oh , my , HMV ! You've really struck a blow . Now people will have to go to Starbucks for that album and use the net or go to other stores for Dylan albums... and heck , they may even pick up a few other things there , as well . Cutting off your head to spite your nose ?

well i have a pc at work and a mac at home. msn messenger on the pc is very elaborate, you add photos, and little comments by your name, and you can play games and stuff. the msn messenger for mac is just a plain messenger, no photos or anything like that!

ok it's useable but the pc one is alot coller! so it's like they are telling you that you should buy a pc

I don´t like msn but all of my friends insist that I should install it... I keep telling them mac under 9.2.2 doesn´t allow it, mine is 9.2.1. And I won´t upgrade it because I would have to upgrade all the design tools which are working tools for my husband...

I also have a pc but I prefer this one... I am already working on the PC, I use this one for other purposes.

Oh, I´m sorry, this was a thread about Bob Dylan... :grin:

Edited by Guest