Led Zeppelin Question

I really enjoy Led Zeppelin's music, and have most of the "classics" and a few lesser known songs. However I would really like to expand my horizons.

I was wondering though if anyone had any personal favourites they would like to suggest. I'm trying to build up my Led Zeppelin knownledge, and figured this would be a good place to ask.

Thanks to everyone who answers.

(So far I have: Battle of Evermore, Black Dog, Dazed and Confused, D'yer Maker, Fool in the Rain, Kashmir, Ramble On, Rock and Roll, Since I've Been Loving You, Stairway to Heaven, and The Ocean)

My personal favorite, "No Quarter" just excellent, they wrote as kind of a sequel to "The Immigrant Song" (which is about vikings or other invading hoards or what not) But "No Quarter" is a great long kind of mellow song I reccomend it :coolio:

For Zep, I usually listen to these ones the most ...

• The Rain Song
  • Ten Years Gone
  • The Lemon Song
  • How Many More Times
  • What Is And What Should Never Be
  • That's The Way
  • Over The Hills And Far Away
  • Night Flight
  • The Wanton Song

Sorry, too many to mention... :guitar:

Ant

I would say to start with the entire LZ 2 album. Journalists used to have a musical category called 'Album Rock' and Led Zeppelin certainly fits into it. I believe this is also how they should be listened to. This will give you a good base and an understanding of Bonhams talent on the drums as Jayson pointed out with the visual of the drummer on his post.

From there I would move on to LZ 4 then either LZ 1 or In Throught the Out Door. If you are really looking for just some good songs to download some of my favorites are:

In the Light - my favorite song by them

In the Evening

Thank You

Going to California

Kashmir

When the Levee Breaks

Over the Hills and Far Away

Its safer just to start collecting CDs, then you don't miss out on anything good.

As said previously, don't forget the live shows cd that came out last year

How the West was Won

3 cds of 2 shows from Los Angeles and Long Beach '72

Zep at their peak...

f89016oix91.jpg

If you want to explore more live shows this book will help

blzf.jpg

My first Zep album was Physical Graffiti... For me, nostalgically, nothing tops that one.. But for an easy 'in' I'd say start with either II or IV, they're the most familiar to the casual radio listener.

But, once you start, you'll want them all, like everyone's saying, so just start! :D

Amazing, Musik and I agree on something. I thought after the Ashley, vinyl discussions that I was on the list forever.

Funny stuff. ::

I don't remember ever disagreeing with you about musical tastes. (the infamous CD verses vinyl debate excluded)

But, you're still on my list, it's the good list though. :P

Honesty always finds disagreements. Disagreements are paramount into evaluating one's self.

I think we do a good job.