Music Trivia? HELP!

tekietek

Hey everyone, my sister has to research a whole bunch of music facts, and I was wondering if anyone could help me help her out! I stink with Music trivia, hopefully you can help us finish this sheet! Thanks so much!

-----------------------------

4- Name one reason "Big Bands" of the 1940's died out

6- What was Elvis' first number one country record?

17- who wrote the music for Saturday night fever

18- the first music station to schedule 24 hours of music videos?

19- the first music video shown on the above station..

30- in 1999 the world's top music publishers revealed the name of the most preformed song of the past hundred years--what was it?

31-What US city became the headquarters for "grunge" bands such as Nirvana and Perl Jam in the early 1990's

32-What is the biggest selling rap album of all time? (I found either Vanilla Ice or Fugee?)

33-what artist of the 1970's is considered one of the most influential reggae singers of all time

34-in 1966, what band became the star of a hit television series

---

who were some performers of motown? + what is a crossover record?

..hehe.. right! I knew that... :( 18/19 is MTV and Video killed the radio star-- now we have:

The big band die out

Performers of motown

crossover record

most performed song in past hundred years+ who sang it (as of 99)

and the biggest selling rap album..

Motown performers: Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, The Temptations, The Supremes, Martha and the Vandellas, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, The Jackson 5, and Stevie Wonder- there are many, many more. A crossover record is one that scores in more than one category of music - for example, Faith Hill began as a country star and had several crossovers to the pop charts, as did Shania Twayne, rap stars that have had crossovers to pop might be Blackeyed Peas, Eminem, and Outkast. The earliest crossovers were probably Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and Hank Williams Sr.

Hope that helps. I imagine the cost of producing a show with as many musicians as the big bands used was probably a contributing factor in their demise.