The Hollies

Mike

This British quintet was formed in 1962 and named after the late Buddy Holly, consisting of lead singer Allan Clarke, guitarists Graham Nash and Tony Hicks, bassist Eric Haydock, and drummer Don Rathbone. In 1963, before the group started having hits, Bobby Elliot replaced Don; Bernie Colvert took Eric's place in '66; and in '68, when Graham left to form Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, he was replaced by Terry Sylvester.

Just One Look

Bus Stop

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

The Air That I Breathe

And of course...

Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) is surely their best!

I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. I was named after the Hollies' song "Carrie Ann". I think my mother was coming down off of an acid trip. I have since learned here at Songfacts that the song was written for Marianne Faithful, who apparently banged anything that moved. Go girl.

Yeah, I think I do remember reading that b-4 TP.

Thankfully the LSD didn't effect you... much :shades:

I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating. I was named after the Hollies' song "Carrie Ann". I think my mother was coming down off of an acid trip. I have since learned here at Songfacts that the song was written for Marianne Faithful, who apparently banged anything that moved. Go girl.

Damn, I met her once and stood motionless. :doh:

I love all the songs mentioned and also have a warm place in my heart for "Stop, stop, stop all the dancing". It was Heidelberg, Germany, early 1967. Linda Trunell from London, with whom I had corresponded after her invitation on a pirate radio station off the coast of GB, paid a visit. She loved this song. She made me quite fond of it also....and of her, I might add. Talk about moving...whoa !

Ahhh, sweet youth.

Good one Floyd. I'm sure they were envied by other groups for their vocal harmonies, which were magnificent. They were probably more popular here in Brisbane (where they charted 27 Top 40 Hits) than in the rest of Australia. Funny, but their biggest hit was one that didn't make the charts in the U.K. or U.S., "Too Young To Be Married". My favorite Hollies song is "Bus Stop". :)