Pale Blue Eyes

ImThatGuyToo

A couple questions... first and foremost, why doesn't Songfacts have, well, song facts about this song by The Velvet Underground? Another question, howcome I'd never heard The Velvet Underground before, since they're "the most influential band" ever? One last question, what are some more songs by them, and what's the deal. I really dig their sound and I'd like to know more about them, if anyone has any information. Thanks!

You never heard Velvet Underground? You´re lucky, you´ve got a great band to discover!!! "Pale blue eyes" is so beautifull... You´ll find plenty of info in Google and etc. "There she goes again" is one of my favourites songs. Get yourself a compilation. "Venus in furs" is very beautifull too, and "Sunday Morning", "I´ll be your mirror"...

Hi Ali,

One of my all time fav. albums is Lou Reed's 'Rock & Roll Animal', recorded in 1966 (I think from memory). Give it a spin and I am sure you will see why, despite the arty-fartyness and smack, this band were so important. Compare this to what the Beatles for example were doing in 1966.

Regards

I like so much that song...I´ll post it.

Pale Blue Eyes

Artist: Velvet Underground

Album: The Velvet Underground

Sometimes I feel so happy,

Sometimes I feel so sad.

Sometimes I feel so happy,

But mostly you just make me mad.

Baby, you just make me mad.

Linger on, your pale blue eyes.

Thought of you as my mountain top,

Thought of you as my peak.

Thought of you as everything,

I've had but couldn't keep.

I've had but couldn't keep.

I love the live version of that, on the double album with the glove on the front (name escapes me). Must buy a new record deck, as I haven't had a working one for about 10 years and haven't listened to any of my albums since. Looking forward to listening to Berlin also.

Regards

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the input. I obtained VU's box set, Peel It Slowly and See, and I *really* dig. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to all of it yet, but it's amazing. It made me want to start on this project... What I'm doing is taking basically the most influential (IMO) bands of the sixties-seventies and making a timeline of albums they released. The Velvet Underground is amazing, and I can hear their influence in so many different bands.

Hi, Imthat... Hope you have good time with your VU... there is one album credited to Velvet Undergroung, "Loaded", or maybe "Squeeze" (I don´t remember) where you cannot find Lou Reed nor John Cale. When you buy a new cd of VU check who plays... the one I talk about is not bad, it´s by Doug Youle, one of the members, but it´s not that Velvet as you might want.