Gumby To Spend Time in the Pokey?

RonJonSurfer

Man dressed as Gumby during alleged robbery turns himself in with costume

Published: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 10:39 AM Updated: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 10:43 AM

By The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk The Star-Ledger

SAN DIEGO — The man dressed in a Gumby costume when he allegedly tried to rob an area convenience store turned himself in to authorities, according to a report on KGTV 10News in San Diego.

Jacob Kiss, 19, brought the costume with him when he and Jason Giramma, also 19 and the alleged getaway driver, went to the downtown police station, Detective Gary Hassen said.

The younger sister of Giramma told 10News the whole incident was a prank, "From what I know, it wasn't an attempted robbery, they were just playing a prank. I'm very sure neither of them would do something like that," she added.

Kiss' sister added the same sentiments via Facebook to 10News, saying, "I do know my brother wouldn't do something like that. If he did, he was joking around and didn't mean it in a bad way."

Authorities took statements from the two men and released them, Detective Hassen said. The District Attorney's Office will now decide whether to file charges against the pair.