Keith Richards gives up drinking

Carl

If this is true, I don't know what to believe anymore. I checked my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st:

HELL-RAISING ROLLING STONE KEITH RICHARDS has gone on the wagon - despite claiming he would NEVER give up booze.

The 66-year-old rocker finally quit after getting strict orders from his doctor - and watching bandmate RONNIE WOOD's life unravel through alcoholism.

Now "Keef" has not touched a drop for FOUR MONTHS.

A friend said last night: "There's no guarantees that he'll stay off it - but he's doing really well so far."

Doctors had been telling Keith for years he needed to cut back on his boozing.

He once famously boasted he would never stop because he had OUTLIVED several medics who chided him about his constant partying.

But four years ago he suffered a brain haemorrhage after falling out of a palm tree during a booze-fuelled trip to Fiji with pal Ronnie - who later left wife JO for teenager KATIA IVANOVA.

Now doctors say Keith's hedonistic lifestyle is finally starting to take its toll.

A source close to the guitarist - married to former model PATTI HANSON for 26 years - said: "He has always quite enjoyed the fact that he seemed to be able to carry on drinking as much as he liked with no real negative impact on his health.

"But he has watched Ronnie fall well and truly off the wagon last year and he doesn't like what he sees.

"Plus he has started to feel for the first time like it might do him some good to give up the booze for a while."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2822642/Keith-Richards-off-booze-for-four-months.html#ixzz0dl7udVNc

But I'll never believe that he's given up heroin.

"The dead drug leaves a ghost behind." - Jean Cocteau (hooked on opium for most of his life)

...I don't think Keith is a ghost... :shades: but I don't think he's still taking heroin. You just cannot be an addict for a lifetime and get to be 66. It would crack your liver soon before...

"The dead drug leaves a ghost behind." - Jean Cocteau (hooked on opium for most of his life)

...I don't think Keith is a ghost... :shades: but I don't think he's still taking heroin. You just cannot be an addict for a lifetime and get to be 66. It would crack your liver soon before...

Great words, edna!

Keith Richards is someone that takes expectations to another level.

I'm certain that K.Richards hasn't a liver.

If he did

He'd be dead

A sober Keith Richards? :o

From the 3 shows I've seen in the last 8 years and the dvd's that came with them, I have the impression that the rough rock 'n roll alco-attitude is carefully cultivated by Keith.

You can't perform like that, at that age, on a diet of a daily bottle of whiskey at breakfast at 3:30 PM.