Ron Jon Surf Shop Celebrates 50th

RonJonSurfer

Much like I celebrated my 50th recently (actually closer to 51 now) Ron Jon Surf Shop did too. I have no vested interest in Ron Jon (if only) but we share a name, a love of the Jersey Shore, beaches, surfing and the lifestyle that goes with the sun, sand and surf. Here is a short announcement from their website:

Ron Jon Surf Shop celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2009!

In 1959 on the New Jersey shore, a young man named Ron DiMenna was discovering the sport of surfing with fiberglass surfboards. When he wanted his own custom surfboard from California, his father suggested, "Buy three, sell two at a profit, then yours will be free." His dad was right, and Ron Jon Surf Shop was born.

Now, 50 years later, Ron Jon Surf Shop has grown and opened stores in Cocoa Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Ft. Myers, Key West and Panama City Beach, Fla. and Myrtle Beach, S.C.

Ron Jon will have limited edition anniversary merchandise and events at various stores throughout 2009! Visit www.ronjons.com often for event information.

Join us as Ron Jon Surf Shop celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2009!

I stopped by the Long Beach Island store last week to get some gear for the family and me...it's always fun. I also picked up the new 50th Anniversery sticker which now graces the window of my car.