What's Next?

MuzikTyme

Hi, Songfactors!

Hello, all that's reading this!

I mean no harm and also I realize that I'm writing to people across the globe!

But, thereis a problem in the USA right now.

I'm a bit worried about it and I didn't quite know where to place this random thought...

But Here!

Now, since I've got somewhat of your attention;

What do YOU, or ANYONE of ANY country think of ALL medical "aid" STOP @ age fifty-nine?

I've read about the possibility of this in science fiction novels but I never knew it would be possible to come true.

It is!

Hey, Man!

Great response!

:coolio:

You're polishing the Titanic! Great show!

And thanks for keeping on topic!

I'm not sure what you think, although, I've heard your thoughts at least...well.. let me see;

(scoffs)

Keep up with your rebel attitude.

Difference between you and I?

I HAVE a CAUSE!

You?

LOL

Post Script. . .

Undoubtedly, XXX, you've more balls than a bowling alley.

And again, thanks for your meaningful, thoughtful and insightful response.

You go, Dude!!!

And yeah, kid...

I'm not one to deny older people health care.

Even your smart-ass has or had a mother.

Would you deny her's?

SPEAK!

:D

It's just that I don't take science fiction as truth/fact, so it's funny to see old people thinking they know stuff when they clearly don't know... stuff. Back in the 20s and 30s it was the Red Scare, back in the 50s it was McCarthyism. Nowadays, they're trying to push the fear of canadia and their scary, scaAaAaaAAa~ry healthcare system, but it's all hogwash.

Here's a fact: families around here pay exorbitant and obscene amounts of money - pretty much highway robbery - for "healthcare" and God forbid anything serious should ever happen to anyone of them because we all know the pay-for-care company's bureaucrat/accountant will drop any one of them without a thought. I've worked in the electronic medical records dept. of a clinic and a hospital for over 10 years, and there has not be a single day where I have not seen at least 10 letters of denial of care from these companies. The bottom line of pay-for-care is to separate the patient/customer from their money until they have no more. US pay-for-care is not better than a 3rd world's :beatnik:

I'm quite fascinated by your ad nauseam use of the "artistic" smiley.

Tell me, "wet behind the ears" what have you ever drawn, played, directed or otherwise, done (with notable acclaim) ... besides cut old folks down and put a lame smiley behind it?

(((:beatnik: )))

Crusty? Hey, I'm a big boy, is that the best you can do?

Sad thing is, maybe I am crusty but even sadder is you're still young and already:

RUSTY

Hmm?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I'm sure there are people that have mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers, right? I can't be wrong!

Anyway, back to the topic:

If this next bill is passed, what are YOU gonna do when you hit fifty-nine and ...well...let's say need a triple by-pass?

If it passes, you'll die.

But hey! You young kids have a ways to go before then so why care?

Well, even the Rolling Stones, the Who, Aerosmith and a plethora of other rock bands SWORE that they would rather DIE than become old!

Guess what? Those bands are still performing.

My main reason for this thread was not to cause argument but rather hear the voice of others without inconclusive remarks regarding America's new health care bill ready to be established by congress.

Keep in mind, congress is exempt from their own bill.

Is that fair?

Please, no more smartass three-year-old responses. Even if you don't live in USA, doesn't this sound totally ridiculous to you?

Anyway...

My mum (back in 3rd world South Africa), who does not have a steady income (although, there is nothing crusty about her at 65...) has only been on medical aid for the last 2 years (she's never been sick enough to go to the doctors since I was born). It costs a fortune per year and keeps going up with extra fees that need paying once you have seen the doctor anyway. Unfortunately, because of the political situation in my country (someone else dug that grave now WE must lie in it...), there are some who go free whether they can't afford to pay for it or not, but she must continue to pay. She knows how things start to go downhill as you age and she is fearful of something happening to her and wants to stay prepared in case. Fair enough.

I don't know of a limit on age for private care back home, but I know that if you are not on medical aid, you will be denied medical attention at a hospital or doctor's office whether you have a mild cough or you come through with your arm sawed off, minutes from death. For some people, however, you will be AIR LIFTED if necessary and given the full foray of medical treatment FREE.

It is better for me to fly her over here to the UK for an operation she is needing now, than to have her stay on medical aid in SA in risk being turned down. She is registered on the NHS and I have never had a problem with their care or services in all the times I have needed to use them.

I would also rather use the NHS for my own care as I have a really fancy, expensive medical aid through work, but there is nothing I can immediately use them for because all my health problems have been denied-for-care by them. So they are basically pointless and getting money for my care for no service.

My point overall is that being on Medical Aid is not always necessarily the golden ticket. I have never been denied care by the NHS, but have no support from my own medical aid because of the specific health issues I have daily (because they are "incurable", they are not supported because they would cost too much - i.e. they would have to use some of the money I pay them on me :rolleyes:). My mum is struggling to afford her Medical Aid and is not guaranteed that something she might start to suffer from will be granted and taken on. There is always the risk of being denied care from them and that is very worrying for us both.

We have an amazing sanitary system in Spain. Except for teeth and eyes surgery, you have everything for free. If you work, you have your medical aid and in case you' re unemployed, you have exactly the same cares. It doesn' t matter if you' re a Spaniard, a tourist, a homeless, an illegal immigrant...

And we have good doctors.

There will be those that will try and say the National Heath Care System (NHS) doesn't work.

I mean hell, Americans will believe aaaANYTHING a sophisticated, British accent derived from Parliment will say!

The NHS works!

We in America do not have it. We in America pay exorbitant taxes and truly never know where the money goes. (We do, the government)

Certainly it does not go to health care or the benefit of our own.

But, what am I to expect of people in my country that can't even function without a cell phone?

Maybe I'm on a "ramblin' Rodney rage" but I'm seeing things I never thought I would have seen in MY life-time.

But, as long as people have their cell phones they simply don't care.

I don't own a cell phone.

If I had've been in the North Tower when it collasped it might have come in handy.

Sadly, even the ones that did still perished.

The dumbing down of citizens is a reality. People actually still believe in a thing called, "Voting!"

PEOPLE!

WE ARE the GOVERNMENT!!!

If you'll take the time and read past history, there's ALWAYS, at some point, been a REVOLUTION!

But now, I feel it won't be possible.

Everyone will be too busy text messaging about whether to have corn or peas for supper.

Come live in a third world country for a day ;)

Although, I'd not live in America if you paid me! :)

May just be fear of the unknown i.e. what everyone else says... but every country has its ups and downs. Same with each system - there are some it works for, and others who it does nothing for.

I'd never heard of "free/subsidised" healthcare before, so Medical Aid (back when I first had my DVT) was a lifesaver. NHS is all I use now, because my Medical Aid works like any other business, not a caregiver.

Come live in a third world country for a day ;)

Sweetie, All Americans outside of congress ARE living in a third world country.

But the cell phone, cool (young) black guys dancing with lesbians and TV dinners will never blink the eye of the average American.

Their main worry is whether or not the cell phone needs charging.

I'm certain true Americans wouldn't be offended by what I said, although, hopefully, they'll be offended by themself for believing the bullstuff.

Did I mention that America has the most obese people of ANY country?

Hopefully the obese ones won't find offense, either.

I've been told more than once and, hell, it's even on Tshirts, that, and I quote, "America, love it or leave it."

I don't mind someone saying that to me, but, when it's a person from another country that says it, which it usually is, I have a right to my moment of disgust.

Disgust may be a little harsh but I'm sorry, I can go back three, (ahem) four generations of family and they were here.

I just wish, sometimes, that I was Kevin Costner playing with Two-socks.

I'm quite fascinated by your ad nauseam use of the "artistic" smiley.

Tell me, "wet behind the ears" what have you ever drawn, played, directed or otherwise, done (with notable acclaim) ... besides cut old folks down and put a lame smiley behind it?

(((:beatnik: )))

Crusty? Hey, I'm a big boy, is that the best you can do?

Sad thing is, maybe I am crusty but even sadder is you're still young and already:

RUSTY

Hmm?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I'm sure there are people that have mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers, right? I can't be wrong!

Anyway, back to the topic:

If this next bill is passed, what are YOU gonna do when you hit fifty-nine and ...well...let's say need a triple by-pass?

If it passes, you'll die.

But hey! You young kids have a ways to go before then so why care?

Well, even the Rolling Stones, the Who, Aerosmith and a plethora of other rock bands SWORE that they would rather DIE than become old!

Guess what? Those bands are still performing.

My main reason for this thread was not to cause argument but rather hear the voice of others without inconclusive remarks regarding America's new health care bill ready to be established by congress.

Keep in mind, congress is exempt from their own bill.

Is that fair?

Please, no more smartass three-year-old responses. Even if you don't live in USA, doesn't this sound totally ridiculous to you?

You're serious about achieving "acclaim" and "directing" and "playing." I didn't know I had to be (practically) omniscient and/or famous to be able to call a spade "a spade," chuckles. "Cutting old people down?" I think they do fine enough for themselves as the pack of rage-infected monkeys in those televised "townhall meetings" (hey, maybe I struck a nerve with you there hahah). Of course, the general gist of "people dyin' at 59 because of the healthcare reform" you wrote about is delusion, so I wasn't that far off the mark initially...

:beatnik:

Goodness. I'll be 53 in September. I've apparently only got a few good years left!? :o;)

So I find all of this insane. First of all has anyone actually seen or read the various parts of this bill? Nope, not to my knowledge. The governmetn, to this point has spoken in genralities. We are being fed, via groups with their own agenda's, and by FOX news, a bunch of scary stories, and shown pictures of insane looking elderly and middle aged folks. Spin, anyone? Things like death panels. Come freaking on. Who actually believes that? :P

I work for 1 of the big 2 largest PBM's (pharmacy benefit managers) in the country. We handle just about 1/2 of the countries' Part D insurance plans (both medicare and private for the elderly & disabled). We manage AARP for pete's sake. I was in pharmacy both before and after the Part D plans went into effect, and I've seen it both ways. I speak to these people on the telephone daily, as many as 20 times a day or more. They are all, everyone of them, grateful that the plans exsist. Unless you have an elderly relative, you have no idea how much money these people have to pay for so many medications. The introduction of national pharmacy benefits hasn't been perfect, but honestly, I don't know how individuals would live withut it.

To be honest, I don't know much about the political arguments. But I know what I see and hear from these people. First they are thankful as hell for the existance of the Part D plans, warts and all. It is far from perfect, and I know it costs the government (us) a ton, but these people need it. And it's not blanket care, unlimited care. We are already today "cutting them off" , they are only allowed a limited amount of coverage. Most of the people I speak to say they need more help, and these are nice, decent hardworking people, some of whom have never had to do without in their entire lives

All I'm saying is, I see this stuff on the first line, like BA. It's tough for the elderly and those that don't have insurance, and some kind of plan is needed. Maybe this bill isn't the best, who knows, but thank god it's being discussed. But death comittees? I don't think so.

By the way, I've also spent a good portion of my early lifetime living without insurance, or being in the self employed category (who can afford that insurance?). I know firsthand, reform in some fashion is needed.

Edited by Guest

You're serious about achieving "acclaim" and "directing" and "playing." I didn't know I had to be (practically) omniscient and/or famous to be able to call a spade "a spade," chuckles. "Cutting old people down?" I think they do fine enough for themselves as the pack of rage-infected monkeys in those televised "townhall meetings" (hey, maybe I struck a nerve with you there hahah). Of course, the general gist of "people dyin' at 59 because of the healthcare reform" you wrote about is delusion, so I wasn't that far off the mark initially...

:beatnik:

Just wanted you to read your own foolishness and meaningless rhetoric!

I truly liked the part where you didn't write and left a terribly annoying space!

It made a world of more sense than what you took the time to condemn.

(Dude, you need a crash course on how to quote posts)!

:D