Coldplay confirm free album plan

Farin

Band to give away live CD at gigs and as a download

[smaller]NME.com | May 1, 2009 | Link[/smaller]

Coldplay have confirmed their plan to give away a live album to fans attending their forthcoming tour dates.

Chris Martin's gang will give the nine-track live album, entitled 'LeftRightLeftRightLeft', to all fans attending their 'Viva La Vida' tour dates – including their five UK dates set for September.

The album will be available as a free download from the band's official website, Coldplay.com, from May 15.

Coldplay's free album plan was originally outlined in February, when Martin said, "It's a way of saying thank you. It's a tough economy and people are paying a lot of money for tickets."

The tracklisting of 'LeftRightLeftRightLeft' will be:

'Glass Of Water'

'42'

'Clocks'

'Strawberry Swing'

'The Hardest Part/Postcards From Far Away'

'Viva La Vida'

'Death Will Never Conquer'

'Fix You'

'Death And All His Friends'

Coldplay has again been accused of plagiarism, and again for Viva La Vida. (The Sun, May 4th).

This time it is the artist Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens, claiming that his song 'Foreigner Suite' from 1970 was plagiarized by Chris Martin cum suis.

And, ehhm, does anybody get reminders of a Coldplay song when hearing Kraftwerks Computer Love ?

the difference there is that they asked for permission to use the Computer Love hook...

the guys from Kraftwerk also share writing credits together with Coldplay

Is that so...?

Scepticism and negativism really got a hold of me then, in these days of fast-bonus-grabbing scandals.

Is it like The Stones dealing with k.d.laing, after discovering Anybody Seen My Baby was very much like a song of hers? Or is this writing credits sharing a more permanent agreement?

Songfacts says

Coldplay received permission from the Electronica band Kraftwerk to use the main riff from their song "Computer Love" for this, replacing Kraftwerk's synthesizers with guitars, and at the same time creating a completely different song.

Edited by Guest
Songfacts > Wikipedia

Songfacts says

I humbly admit not having checked this Songfact, before raising my voice.

Only excuse I have: failing to remember/find out what the Coldplay song's title ("Talk") was, being not much of a Coldplay-fan.

A great show of value for http://forum.songfacts.com , I'd say.

Thanx for this correxion.

Coldplay has again been accused of plagiarism, and again for Viva La Vida. (The Sun, May 4th).

This time it is the artist Yusuf Islam, formerly known as Cat Stevens, claiming that his song 'Foreigner Suite' from 1970 was plagiarized by Chris Martin cum suis.

Mebbe yusuf islam will issue a fatwa on clodplay :beatnik:

As if there were any other types -REAL Mulims ,I mean . :D

I can't see why that wouldn't work : Get an educated and convincing CIA operative and have him walk around the dangerous parts of Pakistan pointing out and arguing in a 'heavely' manner and convincinly that others are NOT real muslims : A Congressional Medal opportunity , for sure !

By and large , Pakistan is full of susceptible morons, as is India .