collaborations you would like to see

Batman

I just wish things were like they used to be. I mean like when Cream came out with an album and 2 days later Jimi was do a cover on national tv and they didn't get upset. It was more of an honor. Bands just used to jam with eachother just for the feeling of the music.

Girl Talk just came out with two albums that each were made up of about 300 samples and nobody sued him. Hell, the Avalances came out with an album that featured 3,500 samples and nobody got upset with them.

And bands still play covers, and musicians still jam with each other, so I really don't see what's changed here.

Collaborations I would like to see...

Blur and Oasis... that'd be great :D I cannot begin to imagine how that would be given how different their music is. I just want to see who wins if you put the Gallaghers in the same room as Blur :D

Maybe they beat each other to a pulp (who in turn should collaborate with Suede, that could work) and Andy Bell could take over and we'd have Hurricane #2 and that'd be excellent, excellent, excellent!

Blur and Oasis... that'd be great :D I cannot begin to imagine how that would be given how different their music is. I just want to see who wins if you put the Gallaghers in the same room as Blur :D

that would be as interesting as watching a Formula 1 race, where everybody's just watching with the hope that maybe there's gonna be a spectacular crash, but in reality it's going to go 100% as you expected from the start...

musically, imo, they're not too far from each other to really be interesting (as in: more than the sum of its parts) :P

what I would rather see would be something along the lines of the White Stripes + Portishead... there I really would have no idea what the outcome would sound like :)

Really? I think Blur and Oasis are miiiiles apart because Blur keeps changing their sound while Oasis stays the same. Modern Life Blur sounds nothing like Blur The Album Blur. In fact, I don't think Modern Life Blur sounds that much like Definitely Maybe Oasis. I can't really think of what a Blur-Oasis collab would musically sound like.

Actually, if you take Think Tank Blur and whichever Oasis you want (because they all have the same sound), I think we might have something good. Kinda like what we got with the Chemical Brothers Feat. Noel and Death in Vegas feat. Liam.

While if two artists are too far apart, a collaboration might be a bad idea. Jack White worked with Alicia Keys on the James Bond theme and that was pretty disastrous.

Edited by Guest

that's right, different era Blurs sound very different... but that's not really something you can not fathom during one collaboration (we're not talking about them spending years together, right? ;) )

and I didn't think this "what if" situation so far as to put 1993 (or earlier?) Blur together with 1994 Oasis, but more like what I lastly heard of them. And then you have to admit that Blur is much closer to Oasis, musically, than Jack White is to Portishead ;)

ultimately I think a musical collaboration is much more interesting the further the usual styles are apart from each other

(note: I said the collaboration is "interesting", not that they necessarily would make superior music) ;)

Hangonaminit...

The last I heard of Blur was this

The last I heard of Oasis was this

The collaboration would be more 'bland' if we were talking about 1994. If we're going by what we last heard of them and we actually want them to collaborate for the sake of music (and not to place bets on who will emerge alive (my money's on Noel)), then the latest versions would probably have a rather interesting outcome, I think.

The last I heard of Blur was this

I think that era was almost a Damon Albarn solo project... now that Mr Coxon is back on board (yay!) they're probably moving a bit away from electronics...

The last I heard of Oasis was this

the last I heard was the more mellow "I'm outta time"

The collaboration would be more 'bland' if we were talking about 1994. If we're going by what we last heard of them and we actually want them to collaborate for the sake of music (and not to place bets on who will emerge alive (my money's on Noel)), then the latest versions would probably have a rather interesting outcome, I think.

as I said in my simile (was that one?)

there might be a spectacular crash, but the chances are higher that it's going to be a normal Formula 1 race (which for fans is already very exciting by itself)

;)

I'm Outta Time, Shock of The Lightening, both typical Oasis. That's why I like this album so much :)

Okay, so you're what you're saying is that if we put them in a room together, they won't fight and will probably just make music?

Well that's no fun, I'd like my money back please :( . I'd still like to listen to the result, though.