Lou Reed -Walk On The Wildside => Cello??

chanti72

I have no idea... I read this in wikipedia: The song is also noted for its twin interlocking bass lines played by Herbie Flowers on double-bass and overdubbed bass guitar, featuring the extensive use of a major tenth interval, which was unusual in pop music until then.

Maybe you mean the live performances from last year? I think there was a cello but I´m not sure, it´s on youtube, he performed the Berlin album but he might have played "WOTWS" as well... Sorry, not much help... but I´m sure someone will know better... :)

Walk On The Wild Side is one of my favourite songs ever, one of the few I could listen to over and over again and never tire of. I just love it's simplicity, and how it all works so well together. I have a very strong sentimental attachment to this song as well.

Anyway, according to the liner notes of Transformer the instruments are:

Guitars, bass guitars, string bass, drums, tuba, baritone sax, piano and recorders.

There's also an excellent documentary on the making of the album, from the Classic Albums series, called Classic Albums: Lou Reed - Transformer. You can get it at Amazon and other places as well I'm sure.

It basically de-constructs each song, reducing it to each musical element and explaining how it was created. There's a great moment where Lou plays the very last part of Perfect Day. It's such a beautiful piece of music, even all on it's own, and Lou was just mesmerised by it. As was I!

Anyway, I hope that helps. :)

There's a great moment where Lou plays the very last part of Perfect Day. It's such a beautiful piece of music, even all on it's own, and Lou was just mesmerised by it. As was I!

wow, I want that... :) :) :) :) :)

"Perfect Day" is one of my favorite songs ever...