Zeppelin rising up from the ashes?

Sweet Jane 61

A source has reportedly told WENN news service that Led Zeppelin will reform for a one-off gig in London with Jason Bonham on drums. If the news proves to be true, the show would serve as a memorial concert for Ahmet Ertgun, the founder of their label, Atlantic Records, who died last year. The source told WENN, "[Jimmy] Page, [Robert] Plant and [John Paul] Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date. And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out."

We will never know if this is true until it happens. Rumors float everytime Jimmy and Robert talk or do something together. I am comflicted about a reunion. I saw them and it won't be the same without John. It's been a long time and probably be for the best if it never happened, you just can't go back and recapture the legend that was Zeppelin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hasn't Robert Plant already come out and said this isn't true?

If he has, I'm sure people haven't taken notice.

We will never know if this is true until it happens. Rumors float everytime Jimmy and Robert talk or do something together. I am comflicted about a reunion. I saw them and it won't be the same without John. It's been a long time and probably be for the best if it never happened, you just can't go back and recapture the legend that was Zeppelin.

For them, that is so true. Bonzo was a one-of-a-kind sort. His ability and slenderness will never be captured by anybody in this world again.

Although, if he was still alive, would the greatness of Zeppelin still be considered this legendary? I mean, just look at what's happened to many bands of the 70s called legends. Were they still considered good in the late 80s/early 90s? Most people panned them off as being has-beens and money-making machines, and nobody cared about the music. Probably the only band to survive this carnage was Aerosmith, and even they had changed their style slightly. So I think it's better how history has played out and we won't have to see men have good chance of making fools of themselves.