King Crimson

I've been listening to bits of In The Court of The Crimson King and am very much enjoying it. My mother said that they were a one-album wonder, (In The Court Of The Crimson King) but a friend of mine who is into prog rock said that their more recent, heavier stuff is far better than their symphonic sound on that album. Does anyone here know them and can enlighten me about the band in general and your opinions on their various albums?

Here´s a link to wikipedia where you can find for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Crimson

Now, I agree with your mother. For me, "In the Court of the Crimson King" is among the ten best albums in rock history :cool: And all the other albums they recorded cannot compare to it. There´s some bright moments here and there, and if you like prog rock you will like to discover them, but "In the Court..." is their first album and a masterpiece.

The members of the band changed very often, lots of excellent musicians played with Robert Fripp. I saw them live twice and I found them very boring.