Eagles "We have not sold out like the Stones...but we plan on it!"

RonJonSurfer

Eagles: "We Haven't Sold Out Like The Stones"

They're annoyed their tours have been attacked by the Stones over high ticket prices.

Legendary rockers the Eagles insist their money-spinning reunion tour does not mean they have "sold out" like The Rolling Stones.

The four piece disbanded in 1980 at the height of their fame, and are annoyed their reunion tours have been attacked by the "Brown Sugar" band over escalating ticket prices.

Drummer Don Henley says, "We are a brand a bit like the Stones. But we haven't exploited it in that way; we've never sold our name or our music for commercials for a product, and we're very proud of that.

"Which is not to say we may not do it in the future, but I think (The Stones) have gone a little bit further down that road.

"I mean, I remember when we first started elevating our ticket prices, one of them - I'm not naming names, but it wasn't Mick - saying in an interview in Rolling Stone magazine, 'Well, how much do you want to pay for nostalgia?'

"And then a couple of years later, they're charging double or triple what we're charging for nostalgia."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006