Genesis Reunion...Maybe in 2 years, maybe not

RonJonSurfer

Genesis Plans a 2008 Reunion

Phil Collins says plans are slowly moving forward for a possible tour.

A Genesis reunion is tentatively being planned for 2008, according to the group's longtime frontman Phil Collins.

Collins reveals the original quintet, including Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett, came together for reunion talks and an impromptu jam session last year and plans are slowly moving forward for a possible tour.

Collins says, "This is something we may do in a couple of years. It is very, very loose."

And the group's drummer-turned-singer insists that even if Gabriel and Hackett's busy schedules prompt them to pull out of the plans, he might still hit the road with Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford.

He adds, "I would do it with the drop of a hat. I have been working non-stop for a long, long time now. Right now, I need a break, but if you ask me in six months time..."

Genesis fans were hoping for a reunion earlier this year when British tabloids prematurely announced a press conference in Los Angeles. The press conference was actually staged to announce the reunion tour for rockers The Cars.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006