Club Soda Kenny Suspended

RonJonSurfer

This news story was in the newspaper today and it pissed me off. There is a guy that lives in my town...nice guy, good family, good citizen...he's a policeman in a neighboring town....a SGT. I think.

It was a pretty badly kept secret that he had another persona...Club Soda Kenny. Kenny was a bodyguard for Andrew Dice Clay. He had some unforgetable moments on the Howard Stern Show. Since his days with Dice, he has done some gigs on The Opie & Anthony Show, comedy DVD's and some stand up. His act is over the top raunchy, but funny in that rude sort of way.

Today I read in the paper that the West Orange, NJ police found out about his crude act and they suspended him without pay for "conduct unbecoming an officer". It appears he will dismissed from a job that he did very well for over 20 years. It seems somebody forwarded a CD of his act to the chief of police and they felt his topics were crude and vile and he can't be a cop because of it. They also said he violated the rule that states an officer cannot "moonlight" without notifying the police dept.

Remember, this is not a big secret and Kenny even took a leave of absence during the height of Dice's popularity, to tour with him. The dept. must have known about it.

Kenny is a big (6'6" 250 pound) target. He does not mention that he is a cop in his act. He is very easy to identify in a crowd and somebody must have took offense to his act, recognized him as a cop, and turned him in.

Kenny's salary was $88,000. To support a family in New Jersey, that isn't much. Now, nothing is coming in. I hope the guys that he helped make rich, step in to help him, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

His lawyer is screaming about "freedom of speech" and he may be right...it is just mind-boogling to me that the West Orange NJ police are willing to cave in and throw away a fine policeman, family man and citizen over something like this.

OK, maybe more opinion than news here....but I think it stinks. Google "Club Soda Kenny" and see the wacky stuff that comes up...but nothing bad is ever said about the guy.