All Rod's Children

RonJonSurfer

Agony of Rod Stewart's Ignored Child

42-year-old Sarah Streeter believes the star behaves like she doesn't exist.

Rod Stewart's daughter Sarah Streeter was very upset when she saw pictures of her father's new baby Alastair, because he still behaves like she doesn't exist.

The 42-year-old was conceived when Stewart was just 18 and spent the first four years of her life in a children's home before she was adopted. She only discovered who her real parents were when she reached 18.

Streeter says, "He forgets how many children he has in interviews. It breaks my heart that I have a whole family out there who I will probably never get to meet.

"Of course I was amazed to discover my dad was Rod Stewart and couldn't believe it at first. But I decided I wanted to meet him. Now I wish I hadn't. It became clear he only agreed to meet me under pressure. It was uncomfortable for both of us.

"My mom asked me if he might hug me but he didn't. I felt like a fan, not someone with blood ties. I never expected him to be a proper dad. But I hoped we could have developed a friendship.

"More than anything I want him to acknowledge me, not talk in interviews about his six children."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006