Sign in to follow this  
invisible_r

do you really want to learn greek?

Hey, I want to learn...!! :):) I just posted it on another thread, it seems... :P Maybe we should put all the language schools on a single thread... and if Kevin doesn´t want us to hijack his japanese class we´ll put all the others together and leave Kevin sayonara!!! :grin: :neener:

I would love to know about the letters... I can make a mix between ours and Russian alphabet but it doesn´t work always. Maybe we can find a typos translator somewhere in the web?

gyros is pronounced yee-ros

the russians got the their alphabet from some greek monks, so that's why it's similar ( i think they probably also taught them about religion), i have now idea where it changed or why though. i think people who are not familiar with either could confuse them

It´s great, when you know a latin language and a german one (do you call them like that??) you can figure what some words mean in other languages. My mother writes about this and I just called her to ask her about the origin of Russian, she just told me to read one of her books... :laughing: