Pump it up - Elvis Costello

John

In the previews from the upcoming movie "The Man" there is a song playing in the background for about 10-15 seconds. It is definitely from the 80's. The beat of it sounds similar to the beat of the chorus of the song "Wild Wild West" by the Escape Club, but it is definitely not that song. Anyone have any idea what the song might be? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest

I watched the trailer for "The Man".

The song playing at the end of the trailer is from 1976.

It is "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry.

I don't think that song sounds anything like "Wild, Wild West by The Escape Club.

Here's a link to a 30 second sample of the song on Amazon. Scroll down the page to find the sample.

"Play That Funky Music" - Wild Cherry

Here's the trailer for the movie:

"The Man" trailer

nah, it's not the song "Play That Funky Music"...the song i'm looking for isn't played during the trailer for the movie...it's played during the preview that's shown on tv (a lot shorter than the trailer)....thanks for your help, though

I heard it on the radio the other day and wrote down some of the lyrics. I then did a google search and found the name and artist.

That´s exactly what I do when the dj doesn´t mention the performer... but beware, because that´s also exactly what I did with that Green day song which finally wasn´t Green Day but some other I cannot remember! :)