Sid and Nancy

But that was Sid's talent, Katie/ invisible , and he died for his 'art'/image , so I say" party on, Sid". Thank goodness not all entertainers play it safe and , as Marc noted, end up old and on 'where-are- they-now' programs or the like. Rock and roll would lose some of it's appeal, it's danger then, and I think some of us would lose interest more quickly. Morrison, Jimi, Janis, etc. I'm not comparing Sid in talent ( ha!) but certainly iconicly .Rock needs it's martyrs, blood if you will, to stay vibrant and edgy and it has continued on with Cobain and others.

Modern sensibilities ( or maybe we're just getting older ) say that stars should look after themselves, make smart investments, be charitable, etc. but will most of those who do impact Rock fans half as much as the others I mentioned ?

The best thing thing those Boy-groups, Simpson girls, Usher, Lavinge, etc. could do to contribute to Rock per se is to act like jerks, get a drug habit, lose their fortunes, etc. if they really want to give us their all ! Eminem knows this. He's clever. ::

Why did I get mentioned in this? I was merely saying that I agreed with Edna on what a swastika represented. I never said Sid Vicious sucked or should have toned down his act and played it down or whatever. There would have been no appeal to the Sex Pistols if he had 'played it safe'.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did I get mentioned in this? I was merely saying that I agreed with Edna on what a swastika represented. I never said Sid Vicious sucked or should have toned down his act and played it down or whatever. There would have been no appeal to the Sex Pistols if he had 'played it safe'.

:laughing: :laughing: She´s right!!! :bow:

Whilst I was a couple of years too young for the Sex Pistols, my older sister was a big fan and I was subject to endless 'B*llocks' and even the rather painful 'Flogging a Dead Horse' album. From what I remember, Sid's only contribution to the music was to 'sing' 'My Way'. Whilst Sid may have been an icon, John Lydon was always the frontman and the real energy in the band.

Regards