Georgia Satellites

Foxy

Are there any fellow Georgia Satellites fans frequenting the boards?

georgiasatellites.jpg

For those who don't know:

They're originally a Southern Rock band formed in the early 80's. I think they've only made 3 (maybe 4?) albums.

Their biggest hits include 'Keep Your Hands To Yourself' and 'Battleship Chains' :rockon: Others you might know include 'Saddle Up', and 'Hippy Hippy Shake' from the movie Cocktail!

Certainly I've heard their music and I enjoy their hits but I couldn't call myself a fan. I'm not at all familiar with their more obscure stuff. They merit more of a listen. I've just never taken the time. Can you recommend anything in particular?

My favourite song is 'Battleship Chains' which makes you wanna shout along...

'Keep Your Hands To Yourself' is a swaggering three-chord "hick-rocker". It was also covered by The Calling for the 'Sweet Home Alabama soundtrack. It's a pretty good track and most certainly their most well-known.

'Hands' is also one of the better tracks on their album called 'Georgia Satellites'.

They covered 'Let It Rock' by Chuck Berry which is actually really fantastic and I was surprised when I heard it at how good it is!!

I think you feel most comfortable listening to this band if you have a beer in your hand and you're half-cut, swaying and mumbling to most of it ~ but I love it!

Good albums to get: Georgia Satellites, Greatest and Latest, Let It Rock.

I love The Georgia Satellites!!! I saw them live in Hamilton, Ontario in the late 80's. What an amazing show! They played for over 2 hours to thunderous applause. To the best of my knowledge, they released just three albums: Their self-titled debut, Open All Night and In The Land of Salvation and Sin. My favourite G.S. songs are Railroad Steel, Can't Stand The Pain, All Over But The Cryin' and Six Years Gone. A Greatest Hits compilation was recently released. It's a pity they disbanded. :thumbsup: