Great Xmas compilations

Kevin

"It was Christmas Eve, babe,... in the drunk tank..."

Maybe it's a bit early, but it's always here before you'd like/want. I was thinking that each year there are always xmas compilations for sale, but they rarely contain anything I'd like to see covered, either humorously or seriously. Any thoughts ?

Sex pistols- Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer

Tom Waits- White Christmas

Devo- Good King Wenceslas(?)

f62677roskd.jpg

You can't go wrong with this one.

Don, you beat me to it. Anyone who grew up in the 50's or 60's will treasure this collection. As a matter of fact, you couldn't have been listening to Christmastime radio in the past 40 years without hearing these songs and feeling happy.

It's a most "sane" choice.

Don, you beat me to it. Anyone who grew up in the 50's or 60's will treasure this collection. As a matter of fact, you couldn't have been listening to Christmastime radio in the past 40 years without hearing these songs and feeling happy.

It's a most "sane" choice.

I second that emotion! And I´m sure there is a Motown X´mas album, but I haven´t seen it for decades...

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has some nice ones... I think they have three Christmas albums out now... Chirstmas Eve In Sarajevo's always been a great instrumental that reminds me of Christmas :thumbsup:

I agree. I was fortunate to have discovered them for myself just last year. I love their music. I also like Mannheim Steamroller.

If you like acapela check out Rockapella's Christmas Albums.

last year for christmas my mum gave me a gorgeous three cd collection of all the old jazz legends and rat pack boys singing every christmas song you could think of ; nina, ella, billie, eartha, etta, frank, dean... etc etc. it's really christmassy and lovely :)

ever since i can remember one of our big christmas traditions/jokes revolved around a christmas album by these americans called 'the roches sisters'. my mum absolutely loves it but we all hated it! every christmas we would try and hide it so that we wouldn't have to listen to it, but always gave it up in the end. i actually don't feel like it's christmas without it and i think my three brothers secretly love it too!!