Celebrities who promote GUN RIGHTS!!

Mike

Brad Pitt

Pitt said in a recent interview with British magazine Live (in response to more gun control following the Colorado movie shooting), “I absolutely don’t believe you can put sanctions or shackles on what is made. Nor do I want to pretend the world is different than what we witnessed that night… America is a country founded on guns. It’s in our DNA. It’s very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don’t feel safe, I don’t feel the house is completely safe, if I don’t have one hidden somewhere. That’s my thinking, right or wrong.”

Pitt also recently built a $400,000 shooting range as a wedding gift to fiance Angelina Jolie.

Angelina Jolie

Jolie, an avid shooter (she has to be to be getting her own $400k shooting range), Jolie has several times expressed her support of the Second Amendment.

In 2008, Jolie told the U.K.’s Daily Mail, “I bought original, real guns of the type we used in ‘Tomb Raider’ for security. Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one. And yes, I’d be able to use it if I had to … If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I’ve no problem shooting them.”

Joe Perry of Aerosmith

Perry recently spoke at length about his support for the Second Amendment in an interview with Fox News.

Perry says, “I have always been fascinated with guns. I grew up in America so granted, it is part of our heritage and it is written into the laws of how this country is run,” he said. “I’ve been fascinated with all kinds of weapons my whole life, and as I have been able to afford to acquire pieces, here and there I started to collect.”

Miranda Lambert

The country star told Self.com earlier this year that she’s packing heat.

Lambert said, “I carry a weapon. I got a death threat a few years ago and was really scared. But I don’t want bodyguards. I am my own security.“ Editorial emphasis added for baddassness (it’s a word).

Johnny Depp

Depp recalls fond memories about shooting as a kid and plans to teach his children to shoot.

Depp says, “We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns,” Depp admits. “When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren’t shooting at humans – we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice.”

Clint Eastwood

This list obviously wouldn’t be complete without Dirty Harry himself.

Eastwood once said, “I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”

James Earl Jones

Jones once said, “The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”

Jones is also a member of the NRA.

Whoopi Goldberg

The normally liberal Goldberg announced on The View earlier this year that she is an NRA member and supporter of the Second Amendment.

Bruce Willis

The action star said in a 2000 interview with USA Weekend, “Everyone has a right to bear arms. If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who have guns are the bad guys.” Even a pacifist, he insists, would get violent if someone were trying to kill her. “You would fight for your life. You’d use a rock or tear one of these chairs out of the floor.”

Ice-T

The rapper/actor is not only a supporter of the right to bear arms, but it sounds like he understands the historical point of thee Second Amendment better than most. Saying earlier this year following the shooting in Colorado, “The right to bear arms is because that’s the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt.”

Tom Selleck

Selleck is a member of the NRA, an NRA board member and one of the NRA’s spokesman. Selleck has long found himself defending his views throughout his career, but has remained a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment.

Robert DeNiro has a concealed weapons permit.

Eric Clapton has a rather extensive large gun collection.