please educate lissy

Lissy

lonelyday, i would like to know about the octopus

Hey Lissy, sorry to keep you hanging...I almost forgot the octopus facts that a friend told me this one time...but do now remember.

Apparently octupuses (octopi? octopus'?) are really intelligent- there was this lab somewhere where they had one tank of octopus' and a few metres away they had a tank of crabs. What kept happening was that overnight the crabs would disappear and all that would be left was their shells . The people running the aquarium or whatever couldn't work out why this was so they put in a camera overnight to record whatever was happening. When they reviewed the footage they saw that the octopuses where actually crawling out of their tanks and across the ceiling into the crab tank, eating the crabs, leaving the shells behind and then heading on home to their own tank. Crazy, huh?

Also in the ocean, when octopuses see sharks they will play dead so that the shark will not attack them, and as the sharks swim past they will ink them or attack them or whatever they do (sorry, I can't remember this one so well)

So yay, don't you feel more educated now? I know I do :)

P.S. I take no responsibility for these facts. They were told to me by my friend Jarrod and neither he nor I are scientists so we might have got a bit confused here, but these will be more or less true.