Anyone Know This Track !

Dapps

Hi all, I'm a newbie here so if I do things wrong, I apol in advance

Heard a wonderful track (well one verse) - it was being used as background music on a TV prog.. got in touch with the prog and they said 'oh we don't keep a note of the name of music we use, sorry'.. grrrrrrrrr

Anyways the lyrics are:

Is it ever enough to want somebody

Is it ever enough to want someone

Is it ever enough to sit and worry

Is it ever enough just to have some fun

Just to have some

yeaah

It's alternative rock... kinda Collective Soul, Staind...

It's a guy singing with beautiful accoustic guitar.

I've done loadsa lyric searches but with no luck.

Anyone out there recognise this.

Thanks

Hey Dapps, pleased to meetcha. Welcome to SF! :thumbsup:

If you've done loads of lyric searches, there's no point in me doing the same ... and I surely don't recognize them. However, there are tons of people here that are really good at finding the seemingly un-finable so check back, someone is bound to know it.

I found Vinegarshake, too, yesterday when I was hunting around. But since they didn't have that track on their Myspace, and no official Web site, I didn't figure it would help. Plus, I didn't think the guy's voice sounded the same as in the clip.

However, On the boards for the show I looked at, they suggested Vinegarshake for other songs on that show...

Hey thx for the info. Just checked out Michael Rose with Vinegar Shake, but I don't think that's the voice :( Not 'deep' enough or 'gruff' enough.

Plus on MySpace he mentions "Two of my songs on the player 'If I Say' & 'Every Girl Every Boy' have been used on the television drama Holby City." He doesn't mention this track I'm after :(

His last login was today.... the track I'm after was played on Holby on 16th June! I'm sure he'd have mentioned it by now if he had a third track played on the prog.

Whatcha think?

But many thanks, cause it's prob ruled one band out lol

NB. Having looked at the link you gave me in detail, it seems the Vinegar Shake track was at the end of the prog, not the beginning. Others are after the one at the beginning, just like me, but as yet I can't find any answer to it :(

Edited by Guest

Yeah I thought maybe, but don't think so.

The voice is a 'typical' alternate rock voice ie Nickelback, Crossfade, Collective Soul, Staind, 3 Doors Down, Seether, take your pick lol

I'm just surprised that there's so many of us out there trying to locate this track and there's absolutely nothing coming up on Google for it.

Shame on the TV prog for not keeping a list of the tracks they use.

The link above is one of 6, and on 6/6 it shows the closing credits, and nope, they don't give out their music tracks on any of their episodes... this prog has been going for years in the UK and they just can't be bothered to keep a list of music they use, let alone put it in the credits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/holbycity/faq/#faqAnswer8

Edited by Guest

Hey I did that already, they just plain ignored my email. Nice eh!

There are a few 'BBC Holby websites' where people like me try to help each other out, because sure as hell the program won't.

A question was raised about this episode with regard to the last track played in the show, and people out there knew the answer to that... but no one seems to know the answer relating to the first track played :(

Edited by Guest

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Well, sorry this reply is so late, but I have all the info you need about this artist, Michael Rose, the band "Vinegarshake".

To start with, the link to the Michael Rose "My Space" page is:

http://www.myspace.com/michaelrose01

Visit the page and if you want to know more about Michael, the band or more of their work please dont hesitate to send me an email:

rpwins@hotmail.com