Quiz August 2009

Brad_M

Tracy from Indian Head Park, IL is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable

SongFacts t-shirt. :coolio:

Here are the answers:

1. What band had four U.S. #1 hits in the '70s, and another one in the '80s?

KC and the Sunshine Band

"Get Down Tonight", "That's The Way (I Like It)", "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty" and "I'm Your Boogie Man" all reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the 70's.

"Please Don't Go" peaked at #1 in early 1980.

2. What hit from the '00s mentions a year in the first line?

"All Summer Long" by Kid Rock: "It was 1989, my thoughts were short my hair was long"

3. What famous American band hired a new lead singer from the Philippines?

Journey - Arnel Pineda.

4. What singer who had a string of hits in the last five years is from Barbados?

Rihanna

5. What famous Rock song's lyrics are based on a Persian poem?

"Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes

The poem is "Layla And Majnun" by Nizami Ganjavi.

6. What Beatles song is written from the perspective of a novelist?

"Paperback Writer"

7. In a music video from the '90s, a former child star, a future supermodel and the star of a TV sitcom all appeared. What was the video?

"Black Or White" by Michael Jackson.

Macaulay Culkin ("Home Alone") and George Wendt ("Cheers") appear at the beginning of the video and a young Tyra Banks appears at the end of the video.

8. What Scottish band that formed in the '80s has a girl's name in their name, but no female members?

The Jesus And Mary Chain

9. What Pop singer of the '80s is now a popular gardening expert?

Kim Wilde

10. What '90s duo shares the same name as a '60s UK hit?

Right Said Fred

The song was a UK hit for Bernard Cribbins in 1962.

Congratulations to Stacy and thanks to all who entered this month's Mighty SongFacts Trivia Quiz. :thumbsup:

Enter the newest quiz by clicking the quiz link on our main page.

SongFacts.com :headphones:

Right Said Fred is considered a duo? In their only American hit song's video, there were three guys. The two bald brothers plus that creepy looking guitar player with a white man jheri curl.

Right Said Fred originally started out as a duo of the Fairbrass brothers and they soon added Rob Manzoli to make them a trio.

Soon after the 1996 release of their 3rd album, "Smashing ", Rob Manzoli :afro: (the one with the hair) left, and the Fairbrass brothers carried on as a duo again.