Tears Run Rings

Levis

Found an mp3 of theirs in my collection. They're neo-shoegaze... dreampop... spacerock... type. And they come from Portland (Batman?). I can't find any of their songs on Youtube, so you have to make do with:

last.fm

... which has free downloads if you're keen

And

MySpace

... which has the song that got me curious - Mind The Wires

Band description from last.fm:

"Tears Run Rings is a rare band. This Portland and San Francisco by way of L.A. collaboration was accomplished in the style of the Postal Service; occasional weekends together produced the frameworks for songs that took shape as they swapped tracks using CDRs and the internet. Tears Run Rings features ex-members of The Autocollants, Laura Watling, and both of the masterminds behind Shelflife Records. These pop veterans have abandoned their twee roots and traded it for dense, wall-of-sound arrangements and aggressive distorted guitars — but that’s not to say they have forgotten their pop sensibilities. TRR distances themselves from 90’s shoegazers with upfront vocals and catchy single-note guitar riffs. Their creation is melodically rich, brimming with layers of boy-girl vocals. Their debut album Always, Sometimes, Seldom, Never was released on Florida’s Clairecords in April 2008."