Def Leppard & Cheap Trick

katie_sane

My expensive tickets to see the double bill of Def Leppard and Cheap Trick arrived today. The concert isn't until November, so gotta wait for a while. The good thing is they are playing in Canberra [the capital of Australia], which is only an hour's drive from where I live.

Has anyone else seen these bands in concert? How were they live?

• 4 months later...

Wooooo, I went to the concert last night :D

The AIS Arena is a pretty small venue, and the concert wasn't a sell out. The whole place was steaming hot and absolutely stank of rum.

Melbourne band The Galvatrons opened, and they were really good. Cheap Trick came on next and they were really ordinary. They clearly didn't want to be there. Robin Zander's voice still sounds as good as ever, but the band was boring. Rick Nielsen attempted some half hearted banter with the crowd (mostly to plug their new dvd...which isn't available in Australia) since Robin Zander walked off stage every chance he could. I was disappointed, because the tickets were $150 each, and if they're gonna charge like wounded bulls, they gotta deliver or retire.

But, I'm happy to say that Def Leppard came on stage and were awesome. They seemed genuinely happy to be in Canberra (and very few people are). The band sounded great, the guitarists were amazing, and they all still have that enthusiasm for touring and playing to drunken crowds :D

In summation, Cheap Trick meh, Def Leppard yes :cool: