Looking For VH1 Shows On DVD

babyteen

Hi there, all you fellow Songfacts Members.

I was wondering, do you by any chance know where I can find DVD's of VH1 shows like "Behind The Music", "100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders", "100 Most Shocking Moments In Rock And Roll", "50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs Ever", and other VH1 Countdowns?

Do you know perhaps when they might become available? I haven't seen Behind the Music since, gosh, who knows when. And it seems these days, when I want to listen to stuff like "100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders", I just can't catch it in time when it comes on TV. Like the other day, for instance, when I turned on the TV to VH1 (Channel 62 on Comcast Basic Cable), I only caught the countdown at about #79, and I watched it from there on. I just wish I could catch the full five hours from #100, all the way to Number 1!

I clicked on both of those links, and I've scoured them entirely. However, I can't seem to find anything that was interesting to me. I'm wondering, did they ever release the full collection of "Behind The Music" on DVD? And, what about "The Greatest", and "Vh1 Storytellers"? The storytellers episode I'm looking for is James Taylor.

BabyTeen,

Here's what I was able to find.

Many, but not all performances from VH1 Storytellers have been released.

Looks like JT is one that hasn't been released, as I could not find it anywhere.

There are also Storytellers Greatest Moments DVDs released.

James Taylor appeared on the show Mar. 26, 1997.

[Veteran singer-songwriter (and the latest signee to Starbucks Hear Music label) James Taylor has the live album, One Man Band. On the combination CD/DVD set, Taylor performs several of his greatest hits in concert, while revealing the stories behind the songs in the more intimate format made famous by the VH1 Storytellers series.]

Maybe this would make a good substitution.

James Taylor: One Man Band CD+DVD

Here's a list of performers who have appeared on the Storytellers show:

VH1 Storytellers episode guide

Do a thorough search of their site. There's more to be found.

From the VH1 homepage, I clicked on the link that said "VH1 Classic", then from that page I clicked on the link that said "The Greatest" and landed here:

VH1 The Greatest

It's got many of the videos from their countdown shows, not for sale but you get to watch them.

BabyTeen,

Here's what I was able to find.

Many, but not all performances from VH1 Storytellers have been released.

Looks like JT is one that hasn't been released, as I could not find it anywhere.

There are also Storytellers Greatest Moments DVDs released.

James Taylor appeared on the show Mar. 26, 1997.

[Veteran singer-songwriter (and the latest signee to Starbucks Hear Music label) James Taylor has the live album, One Man Band. On the combination CD/DVD set, Taylor performs several of his greatest hits in concert, while revealing the stories behind the songs in the more intimate format made famous by the VH1 Storytellers series.]

Maybe this would make a good substitution.

James Taylor: One Man Band CD+DVD

Here's a list of performers who have appeared on the Storytellers show:

VH1 Storytellers episode guide

Do a thorough search of their site. There's more to be found.

From the VH1 homepage, I clicked on the link that said "VH1 Classic", then from that page I clicked on the link that said "The Greatest" and landed here:

VH1 The Greatest

It's got many of the videos from their countdown shows, not for sale but you get to watch them.

I clicked on the link with the Episode Guide for Storytellers, but unfortunately, there's nothing there that tells me whether or not those episodes were released on VHS and/or DVD.

...or you will need to google and then mail VH1 and ask them the details.

Yes, contacting VH1 is a good idea.

BabyTeen,

You can let them know that you are interested in more episodes of VH1:Storytellers being released.

Here is the link to contact them. Just fill in the comment form and await their reply.

VH1: Contact Us

After more researching, I found that only a handful (not many) of episodes are available.

VH1 Storytellers available on DVD:

Classics (Performances by a few different artists)

The Doors(A Celebration)

Billy Idol

Matchbox 20

Sarah McLachlan

Meat Loaf

Natalie Merchant

Alanis Morissette

Bruce Springsteen

Rod Stewart

I also found on VHS (at a hefty price, of course):

Ringo Starr