Sign in to follow this  
Viaene

Music software

So I'm planning to remake all my playlists etcetera.

I use windows media player 11 now and I wonder what you guys use and what program is a handy tool for managing playlists, costum skins, interface,...

WMP11 is useless and confusing... even though that's what I'm using. I think I'll downgrade to 10 soon. Winamp is much better I think, but for some reason the sound quality's quite bad on my laptop when I use it...

I love iTunes for the playlists. I love the Smart Playlists that let me filter what songs I want to hear. I use them lots. Winamp is cooler, but iTunes playlists are excellent!

No... it's too complicated for me to explain :neener:

I'll let the 'pedia do it:

In addition to static playlist support, iTunes supports 'Smart playlists'. Smart playlists are playlists that can be set to update automatically (live updating, like a database query) based on a customized list of selection criteria. Different criteria can be entered to control many aspects of the playlist.

^ Well yes, if I had classified the Verve and Oasis as Britpop and then added Blur songs to my library and classified them as Britpop as well.

Or, for example, one of its pre-made smart playlists is 90s music (it knows me so well :grin:) so the criterion for that is 'all songs from the years 1990-1999'

Oh no... I need playlists. I refuse to have songs off Urban Hymns and Attack of the Grey Lantern played to me independently of their albums. And I created a playlist which consists of songs with a playcount of less than 5, so that I give some attention to songs that I'd otherwise ignore ;)

I have playlists like:

All music

Good music

Uncalm music

calm music

for the moods I am in :D

I've considered winamp, anyone has good experience with playlists in winamp?

otherwise I'd try iTunes

Winamp playlists are fine in my opinion, except you've to create them yourself. The only automatic thing about Winamp is 'play all songs by [artist]' and 'play all songs from [album]'. Of course, moving songs is easier if you arrange them by artist/album and then select a bunch at a time, but you already know that. :)

that's Microsoft, I haven't used the more recent versions, but when I did you couldn't disable anything...

just like you can't uninstall things like the WMP or IE... it just doesn't work...

Dammit, she promised to keep it secret.

I knew she was out to get me. Ha! I'll bet she even told you that I'm paranoid. Admit it. I know she told you.

Edited by Guest