Joe Horn

Kevin

In Texas , a trigger-happy ' good ol' boy ' , Joe Horn , called 911 when he saw 2 guys breaking into his neighbour's house ( who he wasn't particularly close to anyway ) . Unwilling to wait for the cops to show up , he informed the cops that he was bound and determined to take his shotgun and deal with them . The officer on the the line pleaded with him for 5+ minutes to not take any action unless his life were in danger - which it it never was, and that police would be on the scene shortly . Horn opted to take out his gun as they were leaving , and fulfilling all his childhood cowboy fantasies , told them to halt , and a second later gave them both backfulls of fatal buckshot . Both suspects were unarmed , and the police were on the scene seconds after .

Certainly there is frustration with crime - but is this going too far ?

Discuss .

Of course this is going too far. I keep wondering how many more reasons the government needs to restrict gun ownership (or ban it completely unless you've got a very good reason, such as being a cop). Yes yes the gun lobby and money and all that, and I'm not very surprised that they seem (and very probably do) to value money more than life, so I guess it's more of a rhetorical question... I don't expect anything to change. Which is bad enough.