All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Otokichi

Jazz conquers Aliens!

Another short film from DUST, with a musical theme, discovered by Aliens, searching for interesting artifacts from a possibly dead world...
  4. Otokichi

"You Say"

I got the Spring time blues...
  5. Otokichi

The Oceanmaker

A short film from DUST, about a dry-as-dust world in need of a change. A reminder that Hollyweird has no idea how to make this kind of film...if they ever did.
  6. Otokichi

Thorn-EMI and VHD

An unspooling Videocasette, fuzzy video on the TV, and another competitor in the home video market. Techmoan has unleashed the first of a two part look at JVC and Thorn-EMI's attempt to bring digital audio and video to the world. 1982 was supposed to be the year when VHD was going to march over Philips' Laser Disk system, but a little thing called the CD derailed the first part of the revolution. Would JVC and Thorn-EMI succeed where Philips and RCA hadn't? Read on and see how interactive video was going to change the world!
  7. OLD 55

The "Old" Songfacts Gang

Thanks Ron. A very happy Easter (and chag sameach for Edna) from Australia to you and all my other friends too.
  8. Last week
  9. RonJonSurfer

The "Old" Songfacts Gang

I'd like to wish everyone at Songfacts a wonderful Easter and Passover holiday. Enjoy!!! Ron
  10. Otokichi

"No Man's Land"

https://tubitv.com/movies/348453/no_mans_land Submitted for your approval, a tale set in 1993, when Serbia and Bosnia stared at each other over loaded guns. Said to be an antiwar film, and a (sorta) comedy about how a simple tale gets blown up into a major international incident. The UN peacekeeping mission comes under fire, and two of the protagonists trade accusations of "you started this war!"
  11. Earlier
  12. Otokichi

This Is Life Here

A bright, down-to-Earth song about living on the Windward side by "Musician/Poet/Farmer" Paul Izak. This "Old MacDonald" must have a pretty happy farm, eh?
  13. arethamorce

Random Confessions

I was just looking around and went across this thread. I was diagnosed to have severe depression 3 years ago and tried almost everything out there that "could" help. The only medication that worked best for me is medical cannabis. I perfectly understand that it's not legal everywhere. At first, I was doubtful so I started doing my own research and read articles about marijuana. I found out that each marijuana strain has different uses for different diseases. Like this strain https://www.gyo.green/archive-seeds-pnw-dogshit-x-memory-loss-arc-pnd-r.html effective when it comes to stress and anxiety. Just sharing have a nice day.
  14. RonJonSurfer

The "Old" Songfacts Gang

Carl, Thanks. Of course I follow SongFacts too. I have a lot of fun with it. It's really just the way I'd be talking about music with friends and whoever else is in earshot. The marketing aspect fascinates me too. I like when I figure something out and get a big response. Ron
  15. Carl

The "Old" Songfacts Gang

Ron, you have some incredible Twitter skills. We have you followed and I keep an eye on your feed.
  16. Otokichi

"Idaten" NHK Taiga drama

"Fast Runner," NHK's 2019 Taiga drama looks at Japan's trail to the 2020 Olympics. This trailer hints at what TV Japan has been broadcasting for Japanese-language-savvy viewers. (Double whammy for me; TV Japan is a Tier 2 Premium channel, and there won't be a version with English subtitles.) Oh well, NHK's 1983 "Oshin" is playing on KIKU TV, twice a week, so it's no big loss.
  17. Otokichi

The real PB&J sandwich!

Have you ever wondered why foreign born folk, (especially Europeans) turn green when Ye Olde Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich is mentioned? Submitted for your approval, The Real Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich consumed by ex-Brit Laurence Brown. Trail Mix!? What does that have to do with a PB&J sandwich? Laurence also thinks a PB&J using Pita bread would be good. (It is!)
  18. RonJonSurfer

The "Old" Songfacts Gang

If anybody cares about my daily ramblings about music via Twitter...you can find me at Best Song I Heard Today @bestsongIheard I do Top 10's, songs of the day, photos of my vinyl collection and lot's of random nonsense. Much like I did on SongFacts. I'm almost up to 4000 followers and I get some play from some rockers like Tommy James, Eric Carmen, Dave Davies and others. It's fun for me.
  19. RonJonSurfer

The "Old" Songfacts Gang

Great to see you stop back.
  20. I found this remix of Gotye's song, "Somebody That I Used To Know" about 7 years ago on Youtube, but unfortunately I don't remember who uploaded it. All I know is, I was able to convert it to MP3, and I wish I could share it with you guys so any one of you could direct me to the original Youtube video. The problem is the forum won't let me put attachments larger than 0.9 MB. What's up with that, I wonder? What I do know about this remix is, this guy took the original version of the song, and overdubbed his own parts with guitar, bass and drums that to him made the song sound like it was recorded by The Police.
  21. Otokichi

Pioneer PL-88FS (for parts)

Submitted for your approval, "Techmoan" tries to fix a "basket case/for parts" Pioneer slide-loading direct drive turntable. Warning! Machines were hurt, the shipper was incompetent, and the result is...a Photoshop fantasy. Psst! wanna try to do better and become a YouTube "repair video" star?
  22. Mike

The "Old" Songfacts Gang

hey gang, I haven't been around too much lately. but still refer back here from time to time, mostly for the wealth of information on my favorite subject and lifes ambition to breathe music with every breath I take. Good to see so many old friends around this grand ol' site. I'm retired now since Nov. 3rd 2017 and actually busier than ever living life to it's fullest. I get one meaningful Christmas card a year and that's from our *founding father the amazing (yet modest) Carl. lol. Since I was in the neighborhood and smacked my head, omg, have to stumble into the songfacts forum and see what the hell is going on these days, It wouldn't be fair to not share one of the most amazing, incredible musical references I have recently encounters in my cyber-tours. From one of my favorite soundtracks from one of my favorite movies.
  23. Some serious Auto-Tune on that one.
  24. Otokichi

The Cattywampus Zone

Submitted for your approval, Forrest Serling's below-the-Mason-Dixon-Line tale of the South. Watch out what you wish for, Instant Grits are terrible!;)
  25. Otokichi

Rhythm Of The Ocean

Submitted for your approval, a local "blast from the past." In the 1990's, The Hawaiian Style Band was an ever-evolving group of musicians who sang about all things Hawaii, from surf, to food, to Life. This is a relaxed version of an early local hit about the sea around us...
  26. Otokichi

"Hurricane"

Submitted for your approval, a tale of a time long ago, when the fate of Europe hung in the balance. A group of Polish pilots get to Britain in 1940, spoiling for a chance for revenge against the Germans. Initially mistrusted and denigrated by RAF, they struggle with the English system of "gallons, feet, and pounds." Not to mention that their aircraft don't have fixed landing gear. But, if you've seen "The Battle of Britain" movie, you know that these "undisciplined, rowdy, cocky" lot "take it to the Germans."
  27. Otokichi

"Fire"

Submitted for your approval, a hot, energetic instrumental from Taimane. With Jazz on guitar, Taimane serves up some Spring spice.;)
  28. Hey, SongFacts may have not heard of this artist, but he was a very viral star on his way to prominence, until it came to a sudden end. Here I wanna request another song: "Tattoos" by Speaker Knockerz Here on this song, in the hook, he raps: "Ain't nothin' like a bad b**** in designer shoes. / On top of that, she got a whole lot of tattoos.", which he fantasizes of a woman in expensive pumps and filled with tattoos. However, throughout the entire song, S.K. also dreams about having sex with a woman who he claims is "bad", teasing listeners about his dream girl. The song, from his mixtape, Married to the Money 2, was recorded and the mixtape was expected to be released in 2014, but unfortunately, Speaker Knockerz died on March 6, 2014, at the age of 19. Thus, this song was released soon after. Luckily, the mixtape (which also included the YouTube hit, "Lonely"), peaked at #50 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums chart.
  1. Load more activity