Another album from Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band coming soon??

Sweet Jane 61

The new album from Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Magic, was released on Tuesday and the band just embarked on a major tour. But even though the group is not known for putting out frequent albums, producer Brendan O'Brien says there is enough material in the can for another album.

"There's another group of songs that exist that I think are great songs and should end up somewhere, but they just didn't quite fit with this group," O'Brien, who helmed Magic as well as 2002's The Rising and 2005's Devils & Dust, told Billboard.com. He also declined to comment on rumors that the new album could be out as soon as next spring, saying "I'll defer to others on that one."

As for working on the latest album, O'Brien described, "On this one, we met at his place and he sat down and played me a bunch of songs. I would be looking at the lyric book while he was singing them. He'd finish, we'd talk, and we'd make notes."

Springsteen then recorded the material in Atlanta with the core band of drummer Max Weinberg, bassist Garry Tallent and pianist Roy Bittan. Contributions from guitarist Steven Van Zandt, keyboardist Danny Federici and saxophonist Clarence Clemons were added later. "As best I can tell, everyone else seems at peace with that," O'Brien said. "We'll bring Danny and Steve in, but by that point, I have a better idea as to what we need them for. It makes their overdubbing much more specific."

Meanwhile, be on the look out for FMQB's new radio special, A Night of Bruce Springsteen's Magic, which will begin airing on stations nationwide this weekend. WMMR/Philadelphia's Pierre Robert hosts the one-hour special with Bruce, offering an inside look at the making of Magic.