birds gather outside to attack once the kids leave the

school.

I've been searching web sites for movies, folk songs,

Suzanne Pleshette, (playing the school teacher) and

haven't been able to find the title or lyrics of the

song.

My spouse and I are going to Bodega Bay for a

vacation, and we need to know this song prior to

going. Can anyone help us get the lyrics/music?

thanks,

ro

Well done!

We're already driving our family members crazy with this little ditty. It has to be one of the most annoying songs in cinema history.

We're still having fun, though. I've bookmarked the website for imdb for future reference.

Thanks again,

ro

My spouse and I are going to Bodega Bay for a vacation, and we need to know this song prior to going.

I live just fifteen minutes over the hill from Bodega Bay.

Even all these years later,The Birds continues to be a big tourist draw here, although the scenery has changed radically.

That schoolhouse is still standing, but it is actually in the Town of Bodega, south and just a little inland from Bodega Bay.

If you haven't visited this area before (or even if you have), you're in for a treat. All of western Sonoma County is a "chosen spot".

[smallest] There. I've done my part for the local economy. [/smallest]

• 1 month later...

I watched The Birds a few weeks ago, and this song has been in my head and driving me crazy for weeks. I just looked up the actual lyrics to the folk song, and it's all about a man who beats his wife senseless because she won't cook and clean for him! Ca't believe those little children were singing that song !! LOL! :o

:) I used to live in the Valley of the Moon - Bodega and Bodega Bay are two of my favorite places on the planet. Bodega is far more preferable to Bodega Bay, as the people are not that "into" the tourist trade. (and going up the coast to Jenner and Ft. Ross are also a treat)

Love the white church on the hill. Wish we'd used it for our wedding.

We live inland now-and going to the coast will be pure heaven, even in this cold weather.

I KNOW! Isn't it a hoot?

Totally inappropriate these days, but okay in a classic like "The Birds"

FYI, for those who have never been to Bodega Bay - don't be shocked when you walk out on the dock at The Tides Wharf restaurant, and see hundreds of birds lined up! They don't attack, but they will give you the heebie-jeebies if you've seen the film. ROFL