Joan Jett...this chick just keeps rockin'!

Sweet Jane 61

The "veteran" slots on the Vans Warped Tour allow fans to pay tribute to the artists who inspired the current crop of rising stars on the roster, and even lend the tour some gravitas. Stealing the spotlight is generally not part of the deal. Punk godmother Joan Jett had a different opinion about that, and all but walked away with the show.

Jett told Guitar World Magazine earlier this year, "It's nice that people think that I've been influential to some people, but I say I'm just a rock and roller. I was just one of the first women to really play hard rock and mean it - to sweat and get dirty. And I intend to keep doing it until I'm in my box."

Fresh off that butt-kicking assault on the 2006 Warped Tour, and not content to rest on their laurels, Joan Jett and the The Blackhearts, are taking what she describes on her Web site as her "traveling punk-rock circus" on a fall tour in support of her latest album, Sinner.

Although Jett will play a handful of dates in August and September, her 30-city North American tour, with openers Eagles of Death Metal, officially launches October 12 in Philadelphia.

They'll be joined along the way by Texas punks Riverboat Gamblers, "Venusian" rockers Valient Thorr, and California's Throw Rag.