Those were the days my friend

Depaniel

Hi Depaniel. That song is "Those Were The Days", sung by Paul McCartney protege Mary Hopkin in 1968. You can find out more about it by going to the Songfacts' main page and doing an alphabetical "Song by Title" search. I don't think The Beatles ever recorded it, unless it's on one of their "Anthology" CDs. Anyone else know ?

:)

I am hoping someone knows. I am so sure that I heard Paul or the Beetles singing the song... maybe on the radio. It's got to be somewhere. Do me a favor, I don't hang out on this site too much. If someone has the answer, please email me at usedcomputers@comcast.net. Thank you!

Depaniel....I believe Those Were The Days was one of the first, if not the first hit to come off of the Apple label where an artist other than the Beatles appeared.

I have never heard a Beatles version. Other than Mary Hopkin the only other artists who I can think of who did this song is the Fifth Dimension. I know the song is on one of their albums, probably the same album Aqaurius/Let The Sunshine In is on because of the time the song appeared. That album I believe is called Aquarius or something close to that. You should be able to find this info on the web.