Artist: Bob Sinclar || Album: Cerrone by Bob Sinclar || Year: 2001

Cheval Noir

B00005BH7I.jpg

Wow. Just plain wow. Before I bought this album, I had vague recollections of Cerrone's music. In fact, I didn't even know those songs in my memory were by Cerrone. I re-discovered this world-renown Disco God through this album. Track listing is as follows:

1 Love in C Minor

2 Major Sea

3 C Minor Outro

4 Revelacion

5 Kongas Fun

6 1982

7 Supernature

8 Striptease

9 Phonic

10 Love Is the Answer

11 Interlude

12 Cerrone's Paradise

13 Assassinat

14 Standing in the Rain

15 Roller Coaster

16 Living on Love

17 Rocket in the Pocket

18 Look for Love vs. I Feel for You

19 Music of Life

20 Give Me Love

21 Supernature

Some are small cuts and interludes. The thing about this is that the name CERRONE is most prominent on the cover with "by Bob Sinclar" written in smaller font. Listening to it, one would almost believe it was an album compiled by the man himself. It sort of is since this is a dj we're talking about and not someone who completely reworks other people's songs. With that said, it is probably the best introduction/re-introduction to the world of Disco. If you're open to the idea of listening to Disco, then I'd definitely suggest starting with track selections from this compilation. Stuff such as "Supernature" (VERY famous tune), "Cerrone's Paradise", and "Love Is The Answer would be highlights for n00bs. Beside going for some easy target/choice such as Giorgio Moroder or Bobby O, I'd say almost anything with the name "Cerrone" will give you the same satisfactory listening pleasure :headphones: If you like this album, then I'd say venture forth and get some of the real albums by Cerrone. I have three of them in my collection and they're pretty schweet. As a footnote to this is the idea that France has a small, almost hidden market of sonic gems. Think about it. Not only is this dj an example of it, but there's also bands and artists like Patrick Juvet, Air, Daft Punk, Dimitri from Paris (another French dj), and... and F.R. David! :rockon: Haaa :cool: I was sort of kidding about the last one... or was I...? :beatnik:

Edited by Guest