The Subways

lonelyday

I just read the 2nd announcement for the Big Day Out, and it included a UK band, the Subways. I really liked the description of their music, but apart from four lines I know nothing about them. If anyone knows anywhere where I can find out more or listen to their music or anything can you please let me know.

Homepage.

Interview with the band.

Amazon.co.uk Review

The debut album from The Subways proves that for a man approaching his seventies, Glastonbury’s Michael Eavis has excellent taste. Eavis plucked The Subways’ demo from a pile of demos and pushed this young trio – frontman Billy Lunn, his girlfriend, bassist Mary-Charlotte Cooper, and his brother, drummer Josh Morgan – onto the Other Stage at Glasto 2004.

A long, hot summer on, Young For Eternity fulfils all their early potential: "I Want To Hear What You Have Got To Say" and "Oh Yeah" barrel along with the raw, adrenalised energy of Nirvana or The White Stripes - full-bodied, powerful anthems that lose none of their live passion in the studio setting. Lunn’s oft-stated admiration for Oasis surfaces on "Mary", a sort of amped-up "She’s Electric" that’s actually, rather sweetly, a love song from singer to bassist. Ms Cooper, too, however, has a pretty great voice: more grit-edged rock bitch than cooing indie-waif, it invests the likes of "Oh Yeah" and "City Pavement" with a smouldering – nay, flat-out roaring – chemistry that’s all the more engaging because it’s actually 100% genuine. --Louis Pattison

Product Description

One of the greatest British albums of recent years Young For Eternity is the massively anticipated debut from the hotly tipped Subways. Produced by Ian Broudie (The Zutons and The Coral), Young For Eternity finds The Subways writing material of the quality you’d expect from seasoned songwriters but performing it with the heart and soul that only youth can truly provide. Features the hits "Oh Yeah" and "Rock & Roll Queen".