Cafe del Mar & Jose Padilla

Earth-Angel

Jose Padilla

a0021315_20035.jpgproduct-5862297.jpg

I can really confirm that Jose has earned the title of "Spiritual father of chill-out". Born in Barecelona, a young man who frequented the bustling city clubs for his first taste of DJing, to winning a Latin Grammy for his most recent offering, "Navigator".

With a career as a DJ and artist from his early teens to today, he certainly knows the ins and outs of Ibiza and the sounds that set it apart from every other party capitol.

Renowned for working on the legendary Cafe Del Mar series, he structures his albums like a 5 star meal. Enticing you with his entree's, he clears your musical palete with hypnotic beats and soothing sounds. Livening up for the main course, he wakens your tasetebuds with flourescent vocals and tribal drums, easing you into the deliciousness of the dessert, sweet and fulfilling and ready to hit the repeat button.

He plays with the mood of the albums perfectly, each one unique and memorable and different to the others in the collection.

Working with songs by well known artists like Bush, Mandaly, Moby and Dusty Springfield, he weaves an intricate tapestry of colours and sounds perfect for any relaxed or sensual occasion.

For me, his best works are his Cafe Del Mar offerings, 1 through 6 and the best of's from the same series. To know there is a little cafe on the beach overlooking the most perfect sunsets, where Jose plays live and people just flock to take it easy and be sucked into the ambience blows me away! I will visit Cafe Del Mar one day and I shall post a photo :)

If you need some spiritual solace or to relax and let the worries of the world float away, chill and unwind with Jose and revive your senses.

B0007WQBL8.01.THUMBZZZ.jpgB0000074XA.01.THUMBZZZ.jpgB00000B98T.01.THUMBZZZ.jpgB0000TANTY.01.THUMBZZZ.jpgB00005OMMD.01.THUMBZZZ.jpgB00000JZO3.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg