The Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour DVD

Mike

Live from Melbourne 2004

DVD set - featuring Disc 1: Long Run, New Kid in Town, Wasted Time, Peaceful Easy Feeling, I Can't Tell You Why, One of These Nights, One Day At A Time (New Track), Lyin' Eyes, Boys of Summer, In The City, Already Gone, Tequila Sunrise, Love Will Keep Us Alive, No More Cloudy Days (New Track), Hole In the World, Take It To the Limit, Disc 2: You Belong to the City, Walk Away, Sunset Grill, Life's Been Good, Dirty Laundry, Funk #49, Heartache Tonight, Life in the Fast Lane, Hotel California, Rocky Mountain Way, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, Take It Easy, Desperado

I understand this was just released a couple weeks ago, the buzz is it's the best and the Eagles are remarkable. I'm gonna get it after I return from vacation, but I was wondering if anyone has picked this up yet and what they thought of it? I'm terrible at writing reviews, so even if I agree with dozens of others I've read, I couldn't do it justice with words.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike. I bought it, was disappointed. "Hell Freezes Over" is the high-water mark. I found the horn section overpowering and took away from the feel of the songs. Like, "Hotel California" with a horn section was weird, and without Felder there the harmonies weren't what they were on HFO. Certainly not 5-part.

Ken.

Although I don't have the CD, I have heard several tracks from it. I agree with Ken. The versions of the songs I heard were definitely not an improvement. The Eagles without Don Felder, IMO, are not nearly as good as they were with him in the lineup.