Circle-not sure what it is...

Mairi

This is a thing I write...few minutes ago. Poetic way of describing my feelings today.

Circle

I want to circle you. Every part of me somewhere close to you. Close enough to touch but I don?t; through fear of smudging the perfection. I want to lay black flowers at your feet and watch you bless them by holding them in your hands for merely one moment. I want to protect you from everyone who tries through jealousy and white hatred to harm you. I want to clean you wounds when they pierce through my barrier.

I want to wipe your tears but not make you weep because of the burden of my unrequainted love. I want to hold your hand and for you to squeeze mine lovingly for just one moment. I want to see that look you gave me, last class on a Spring Wednesday. Your eyes pools of green-turquoise. The pupils large and dilated. The blackness reflecting me; your face reflecting my expression. And those simple words.

Not the everyday black and white movie words whose meaning was lost eons ago and no intensity is left upon them. Much simpler words. A ?hello? and my name. It could have been written and I would have taken no notice. But the swirling patterns of your kaleidoscoping eyes made me sing, ?I?m here?. I think for one tiny imperfectly pristine moment you understood me. You saw how much I need you. My battle wounds against love reopened and on display purely for you to see. To see the beauty in my hurt; the pretty little lines not just written down but now shown without mercy or prejudice.

And you see. You look on and understand the one thing you never could. Your eyes say reassuringly ?it?s ok, you?re going to be alright?. And I smile. For once a real smile breaks upon my face, the smile I had forgotten when my heart turned to coal. Just a fuel for my anger, I suppose. But the smile?it was like a rebirth. No longer the pessimistic alone pseudo-human. A real person; me again. I fumble for the right words and say them, perhaps slightly disjointedly, ?hello?.

I want to circle you. But perhaps I?m reading too much into this.

Comments please.

You are so good at bringing the reader into your mind and having them feel your feelings. I could feel the ache in your heart for this person. I have felt like this myself at times, but was never expressive enough to capture it in words.

Great job, Mairi.