It's all about Pink Floyd

Mike

I'd like to have a real discussion about Pink Floyd.

First of all, if you heard Obscured by clouds for the first time and then you heard Dark Side of the Moon for the first time after that, what would be your thoughts? Would your first thoughts be... this is the same band? That these two albums flow together? Then you listen to WYWH and Animals for the first time, next? What are your thoughts now?

What if things went different and Waters continued on with the other two principle member instead of Gilmour? Would they have been successful or failed miserably?

What's your favorite songs from pre-DSotM and from post TFC?

I think that all the Pink Floyd albums (at least the ones I have) are different in many ways. Each of them seems to explore different areas of rock while still bringing the listener back to styles they've made beautifully before. I like Obscured By Clouds and it's a great lead in to Dark Side of the Moon. But what's even better, is the follow up with Wish You Were Here. In my opinion, Pink Floyd consistantly proved to the world that they can be creative and musically talented in many ways without fading over the years. I really like the power of Atom Heart Mother but I also like the sultry sounds of Wot's... Uh the Deal or the Latin feel from San Tropeaz. But my favorite is when David Gilmour gives the listener a taste of his ability to make his guitar sing like he does in Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Out of the 7 albums I own, Ummagumma is the only one I don't really listen to.