Fried

Foxy

A friend introduced me today to a band called 'Fried', and their album which I think is also called 'Fried' - I could be wrong about that though. You may have heard of them, but if not they are well worth the listen..

I think it'd be quite hard to class them in any genre because their tracks seem to be so diverse, they're a mix of Soul/RnB/Funk/Jazz/Motown. I've been looking for about 3 hours to find their website, but I can't find it (can you help!?) but I did find the following quotes/reviews about them:

Widely tipped to be one of the UK?s big breakthrough acts this year, Fried are set to release their debut single ?Whatever I Choose I Lose? on August 23rd on London Records ahead of the September release of their debut album. Consisting of former Fine Young Cannibals songwriter David Steele and the outstandingly gifted 23-year old New Orleans vocalist Jonte Short, Fried?s ?Whatever I Choose I Loose? has already received an overwhelmingly positive reaction with many listeners making favourable comparisons with Lauryn Hill and Macy Gray. Steele discovered Short at the 2001 New Orleans Jazz Festival after a five-year search for a ?mind-blowing? singer and immediately knew she was right. ?I?d been everywhere,? he says. ?I saw a lot of OK people, but nobody I listened to and thought ? ?f#?$£%g h#&l?.? It?s now been eight years ? eight years ? since his role in Fine Young Cannibals. David is nothing if not exacting. The music is unique. Jonte?s vocals would make a car melt ? the songs are searing, soulful. But forget crappy Notting Hill pseudo funk, or corporate dance tunes predestined for some wanky car campaign. The feel is pure Motown, blues and real R&B, but it?s not retro; there is a contribution from RZA and a song co-written with Beth from Portishead. "In a way my ambition is almost done,? says David. ?What I wanted to do was make an amazing record, and we?ve done that."

and this about their track "Whatever I Choose I Lose" :thumbsup: (great song)

Fried consist of the beautiful Jonte Short with former Fine Young Cannibal, David Steele. It?s a lovely blues mix of soul and caressing keys. It keeps you nice and lounged. The breaks are cool and crisp with modern rhythms. The keys give the track a jazzy feel and the guitar has a nice country blues sound. The talented Jonte Short sings on the song and she?s got real soul and conviction. There?s a maturity in her voice and being only 23 makes for encouraging future possibilities. The backing vocals work well and provide a big gospel sound. She provides a nice touch of soul to a well arranged and classy track.