Religious songs with music videos

AustinsFoxy

HEy guys...I gotta do a seminar lesson on this topic in two days. I actually found some stuff, but I would be glad if you could think of more ;-) You know, I'm becoming a teacher, so I always need more than I can think of ;-)

Concrete question right now would be: Do you know "I have forgiven Jesus" by Morrissey and the video?? I want to use it on Tuesday...but somehow I'm really missing points to start with. So I would be glad if you could specualte on the meaning of it (also and esp the video) or recommend any links I could use?!?!

Thanks!! :bow:

There used to be a guy back in the '70's by the name of Joe Wise, he was pretty good. I went to a Catholic school, and he was played frequently. Songs like "Be A New Man" and "Teach us to Pray" are some of the ones I remember. Some of Cat Stevens earlier music borders on religious themes, "Morning Has Broken", etc. I think Sinead O'Connor has recorded the Kyrie and the Lord's Prayer. The best of all those is my very own Ma singing Ave Maria, but Ma never landed a recording contract. If you wanna hear her you have to go to Sacred Heart church, 11AM Sunday mass, her and Dad sit 4 rows from the front, and have since '68. :)

Ken.

Some good ideas...! The thing is that it should be songs with religion or religious motives in the videos that are not too obviously religious. For example "Before it sleeps" by Metallica or MJs "Earth Song" as it has the form of an old Testament LAmentation. And as there'S a lesson on musicvideos tomorrow I'M really struggling. It's just that I don'T have as many as I thought I had -- therefore I'm looking for more ideas as many are on the internet free for downloading.... :headphones: