Sign in to follow this  
Levis

Manchester Orchestra

This is me being 'mainstream alternative.' Fact is, I am woefully uncool, because I had no idea these guys existed till a couple of weeks ago. And they've been around since 2005. Why don't you people keep up with the times?!?! Why do I have to do all the work?!?! :mad:

ahem.

Well, I'm sure their earlier stuff is better because this album - or rather, the single off it - is getting a fair bit of coverage on Triple J aka the 'cool' radio station. Catchy tune - makes me wonder about the rest of their stuff.

They're 'indie,' come from REM, B52 and T-P land and sound to me like you'd like them if you like Modest Mouse.

here:

I've Got Friends

and do the rest of the research yourself:

last.fm

MySpace (full album streamable - sounds good so far)

I like them, although I think they sound like quite a few bands out there (not like I'm an authority on that or anything :shades:). I'm halfway through the album right now and I'm going to listen to the rest too... that's saying a lot :)

I don't like the singer's voice though.

Their album is streaming on MySpace - if you're into Nirvana-Modest Mouse-Foo Fighters type sounds, go listen. It's so good :o I like 'em more than the Foos actually - better voice.