From A Dry Camel ~ Dust

Lucky

I'm looking for anyone that remembers this song! It was amazing, about an 8 minute song. The genre of the band was progressive / hard rock, and the album was critically acclaimed, although never well known. I have the song downloaded somewhere. Does anyone else rmember anything about this song?

The Band released like 2 albums, I think, and it was circa 1970. I'll post a link (hopefully) later today. I know I'm not the only person in the world to have heard this. More details later .... it's driving me nuts! :P

OK, as promised more details. My friends and I listened to this album the entire summer of 1971. For a good 25 years whenever I mentioned this song, I'd be met with blank stares. In that time, I've found 1 person that had heard it, and thought it as amazing as I. The trio was made up of Richie Wise,Kenny Aaronson, and Marc Bell, with Kenny Kerner serving as lyricist & manager. The style was early prog/metal (says allmusic).

Ring any bells at all? :P

Edited by Guest

Musicmeter.nl knows the album Dust by Dust: http://www.musicmeter.nl/album/121617 .

This is the tracklist:

1.Stone Woman 3:36

2.Chasin' Ladies 3:12

3.Goin' Easy 3:47

4.Love Me Hard 2:35

5.From a Dry Camel 2:46

6.Often Shadows Felt 4:01

7.Loose Goose 2:42

22:39

Thanks Jumbo, and thanks for listening guys! Pretty good song, huh? Not really my style anymore, but the fact that no one else seems to have heard is what is bugging me. Loose Goose was a great song too, if I remember correctly. ;)