When all else fails...

Lea

ask the masters :D.

I don't know why I didn't ask for you guys to help a long time ago :confused:

I have been looking for a song for years now and have been completely unable to find it.

The name of the song is Teddy Bear Picnic. Now the tricky part is the guy that sings the one I'm looking for. A lot of different people have recorded it of course after all is is a very old and well known song. But, I don't know who sang the version I'm looking for. I thought maybe John Prine or Tom Waits but when I tried them I found it wasnt either.

The one I'm looking for I heard on a documentary film about street kids living in Seattle,WA. I saw the documentary several years ago now but off and on have continued to look for the song. I remember a lot about the documentary if that would help at all and I believe it was on PBS filmed in the 90's maybe?

It's very haunting they way the guy sings it and I really liked it. I know if anyone can find it you guys can :D

Trout Fishing in America

Try this Lea. You have to scroll down and click the little icon thingy for an audio sample

It's not that one Shannon :puppyeyes: The one I'm looking for is more like a funeral dirge. Slow and very dark sounding. But I truly appreciate you guys trying to help me out :coolio:

I knew it would be a toughie but also knew if you guys couldn't find it I should give up trying because it can't be done :puppyeyes:

Well it worked and I'm so pleased. It looks like he is from the PNW. I can't find the song by him on YouTube but there might be other ways :D I don't like itunes much but I mght have to resort to that.

Thank you Laurie and Shannon. I knew if it could be done the SFer's would be the ones to do it :D