Lori McKenna

Shawna

This past summer (2006) when I was recovering from major abdominal surgery, I was channel surfing one day when I happened upon an Oprah Winfrey show where Faith Hill was the guest. I like Faith Hill, so I settled in to watch.

During the course of the show someone named Lori McKenna came out and sat on the couch. She seemed a little nervous, I don't remember her saying a whole lot, but the upshot is she was an everyday average person who had just won the musical lottery by catching the attention of Faith Hill. Her songs "Fireflies," "Stealing Kisses," and "If You Ask" were all included on Faith's latest CD.

When it came time for Faith to sing "Fireflies," Lori stood up next to her, guitar in hand, looking like the pixie-ish Tinkerbell featured in the song. Next to model-tall Hill, Lori was very petite. She harmonized on the song, and the song itself was just magical to me... it brought me back to my childhood and made me feel like I didn't have a care in the world.

Lori had won a fan.

Her interview with Songfacts cemented it. She was very nice, gracious, full of information, and eager to talk about her songs. And she was able to do some awesome multi-tasking by chasing her five kids around and never missing a beat during the entire conversation. :bow: :bow: