Kim McLagan dies at 57

The Seeker

Kim McLagan dead at 57

Wife of musician Ian McLagan killed in two-vehicle collision on FM 969.

By Michael Corcoran

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A traffic collision Wednesday claimed the life of Kim McLagan, 57, a top British fashion model of the 1960s, a Bastrop-area salon owner and wife of former Faces keyboardist Ian McLagan.

The couple have lived in Manor since 1994.

Jay Janner

AMERICAN-STATESMAN

Department of Public Safety officials said Kim McLagan was headed south on Taylor Lane when her vehicle and a dump truck headed west on FM 969 collided in eastern Travis County on Wednesday.

2005 WILL VAN OVERBEEK

Kim and Ian McLagan 'were very much in love,' a friend said. The McLagens were married 28 years.

The two-vehicle crash occurred at 9:50 a.m. at Taylor Lane and FM 969 in eastern Travis County. Texas Department of Public Safety officials said McLagan died at the scene.

Officials said McLagan was driving a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser south on Taylor when she apparently ran a stop sign at the intersection. She was hit by a 2000 Freightline dump truck that was heading west.

As a teenager, Kim Kerrigan was the toast of swinging London, marrying the Who drummer Keith Moon in 1966 and appearing the next year in the worldwide satellite debut of the Beatles' "All You Need Is Love" video. She was divorced from Moon in 1975; he died three years later of an accidental drug overdose.

In 1978, she married Ian McLagan in England. Despite her life there amid fashion and rock stars, Kim McLagan seemed just as suited to the peaceful, rural life outside Manor, where the McLagans lived on 15 acres.

After years in Los Angeles, the couple moved to Manor after the California city's 1994 earthquake.

Ian McLagan soon established himself as a fixture on the Austin music scene, in recent years playing a popular early show with his Bump Band every Thursday at Lucky Lounge in Austin. "

I just heard this...poor, poor Mac. I guess it's not exactly music news, but I wanted to let you know anyway, as Keith Moon and Ian McLagan are big favourites of mine.